Swike recognises how important it is for people to feel empowered to express themselves, and we take our role seriously in keeping abuse off the service. That’s why we developed standards for what is and isn’t allowed on Swike
Abuse of individuals or groups
– Hate speech: we prohibit direct attacks against people on the basis of protected characteristics (including age, disability, race, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, and pregnancy/maternity). This may include violent or dehumanising speech, harmful stereotypes, statements of inferiority, expressions of contempt, disgust or dismissal, and calls for exclusion or segregation.
– Violent and graphic content: we prohibit content that glorifies violence or celebrates the suffering or humiliation of others.
– Adult nudity and sexual activity: we restrict the display of nudity or sexual activity because some people may be sensitive to this type of content.
– Sexual solicitation: we do not allow content that facilitates, encourages or coordinates sexual encounters or commercial sexual services between adults.
Promotion of illegal activities
– Violence and incitement: we will remove content, disable accounts and work with law enforcement when we believe that there is a genuine risk of physical harm or direct threats to public safety.
– Dangerous individuals and organisations: we do not allow organisations or individuals that proclaim a violent mission or are engaged in violence to have a presence on Swike. We prohibit praise, substantive support and representations of various dangerous organisations.
– Coordinating harm and publicising crime: we prohibit people from facilitating, organising or promoting certain criminal or harmful activities targeted at people, businesses, property or animals.
– Fraud and deception: we prohibit content that purposefully deceives, wilfully misrepresents, or otherwise defrauds or exploits others for money or property.
– Intellectual property: before sharing content on Swike, please make sure that you have the right to do so. We ask that you respect other people’s copyrights, trademarks and other legal rights. Swike’s Terms do not allow people to post content that violates someone else’s intellectual property rights including copyright and trademark.
– Cybersecurity: we do not allow attempts to gather sensitive user information or engage in unauthorised access through abuse of our platform, products or services.
– Inauthentic behaviour: we don’t allow people to misrepresent themselves on Swike, use fake accounts, artificially boost the popularity of content or engage in behaviours designed to enable other violations under our Standards.
– Spam: we do not allow people to abuse our platform, products or features to artificially increase their ratings or distribute content en masse for commercial gain.
– Manipulated media: media, including image, audio or video, can be edited in a variety of ways. In many cases, these changes are benign, such as a filter effect on a photo. In other cases, the manipulation isn’t apparent and could mislead, particularly in the case of video content. We do not allow this category of manipulated media.
– Political views and statements: we don’t permit the active promotion of political views of beliefs
– Campaigning: we do not allow political campaigning or advertising, such as the promotion of a party manifesto or pledge Anything that endangers others
Anything that endangers others
– Suicide and self-injury: we prohibit content that promotes or encourages suicide or self-injury.
– Sexual exploitation and abuse: we prohibit content that sexually exploits or endangers children. We also prohibit content that displays, advocates for or coordinates sexual acts with non-consenting adults, and any intimate images shared without the consent of the person(s) pictured.
– Bullying and harassment: we prohibit content that’s meant to degrade or shame.
– Privacy violations: we prohibit content that shares, offers or solicits personally identifiable information or other private information that could lead to physical or financial harm, including financial, residential and medical information, as well as private information obtained from illegal sources.
If we remove content that you have shared in violation of these Standards, we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request another review, unless you seriously or repeatedly violate these Terms or if doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or product; where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons. We encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe violates your rights (including intellectual property rights) or our Terms. We can also remove or restrict access to your content, services or information if we determine that doing so is reasonably necessary to avoid or mitigate adverse legal or regulatory impacts to Swike.